15 February 2013

Kumbh Mela 2013: Day Seven (14th February)

I made it to the water at 5.30am and this time with my camera AND memory card.  The crowds have grown exponentially in preparation for the 15th which is another holy day and the last of six bathing days for the sadhus.  It is incredible the number of people straining to get to the water so early in the morning.  Many of them come out shivering after having spent more time than they should've inside, completing their prayer rituals.

There is a bonanza of pictures today as it is my last day at the Kumbh.  I'm not staying for the bathing day on the 15th as it was next to impossible to get transport connections out after this date.  I'm writing this last Kumbh entry from the departure lounge at Delhi airport.  I'm quite confused how I actually made it here on time for my flight... my train was only 2 hours late.  Next stop, Bangalore.















No comments:

Post a Comment